This blog post is a "build" post about making a two-level catacombs hallway, followed by a gallery of some other things I've made using a rudimentary set of skills, Project Bricks and hot glue.
Here's the photos in ascending chronological order, with comments underneath. Here's the materials I used:
- Project Bricks (tan), which are definitely available (and cheaper) at your local hobby store, and in various colors
- Scotch Thermal Laminator and some thermal laminator paper
- A very fine point sharpie marker for drawing a square grid
- Generic pink hot glue gun and half a dozen sticks of glue
- Reaper mini 02789, Talarand Blackguard, for testing the weight
In conclusion, Project Bricks are a ridiculously easy way to add some 3D structure to your game. I've used them and a hot glue gun to build sets before, from high castle wall parapets to boats to small "tables" of the bricks that are pretty useful. Some gallery below. You may have seen some of these pop up on our Twitter account before, including the "Ambush into the Setting Sun" encounter of the podcast gadget, from Season 2, Episode 7.