We're going to get caught up with another "Listener Feedback" podcast episode, to get caught up on some of the amazing content we've received from both our listeners. We also introduced a new Gadget of the Podcast in this episode, bringing the total of all gadgets to seven!
Emails and their Surprisingly Salient topics:
- Joshua - Hi guys from Gamma Boise
- Ian - How to balance NPC Characterization? Perhaps consider whether or not the NPC will recur. Also, NPC voices - a good thing!
- Adam - Campaign wikis - link to his group's wiki: http://weir-with-awl.obsidianportal.com
- Graham Krak - thanks! No, thank YOU, good sir.
- James - just passive aggressive
- Simon - His recommended exemplary local game store, Meeplemart
- Christy - “Oh the horror” and a segue into:
9. Washington Million “Men of the West” Marchers
8. Washington Gelatinous Lobbyists
7. Washington Saggy Old White Incubi
6. Washington Stone Golems
5. Washington Dread Scott Knights v. Sandford
4. Washington Githyankees
3. Adam Jazairi @acjaz (from the horror episode) - The Washington Scalpflayers. "It strikes the perfect balance between racism and mind flayers." (BTW, D&D is totally racist, but not between humans, so it's okay?)
2. Kellan @KellanMorgan @exemplarydm - Washington Blackskins or Darkskins, with a drow head as the logo. "I think that would go over really well."
1. Washington Undeadskins (from listener Christy)
More from listener Christy and us:
- The Chicago OwlBears
- The New Orleans Sanctimonious Clerics
- The Oakland Orc Raiders
- The Tennessee Frost Titans
- Baltimore RavenQueens
- The San Francisco 4d8ers
- Miami Krakens http://youtu.be/gb2zIR2rvRQ?t=30s
- Carolina Andy Griffins http://www.biography.com/people/andy-griffith-9542091
- Tampa Bay Spelljammers http://www.spelljammer.org/
- Cleveland Brown Puddings
- Pittsbu rgh Steel Dragons http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evL2sPk8eeY
- Atlanta Falconers (From the SNL skit) (To the Time Machine-ah!) (Aaaaaand Hulu took the link down.)
Gadgets of the Podcast
Encounter: The Creepy Kid quandary
Character concept: Oni concept from listener Blair, the orphan tiefling swordmaster with an imp/parrot familiar, and the Oni Japanese mythology.
Tee shirt: Gelatinous cube season’s greetings. Would go well with William's vulgar red tights. (No pictures will be provided of this. Ever. To anyone.)
Adventure Hook: “Shindig” episode from Firefly - going to the party where you are underdressed to meet someone, accidentally offended and instigating a battle of honor, cow smuggling, etc.
Magical Item: Gizmo's Wand-Woven staff, thanks to James
Player Tip: Don’t be a dick... by roleplaying-block another player, much less the DM. "Yes, and" applies to interactions between PC's, too. Sometimes, it's okay to allow your character to change its mind.
DM Tip: Create new skills/challenges on the fly if needed, using appropriate attribute, character background justification, and player plausibility explanation. Just because DND4e doesn't have "crafting" skills doesn't mean your PC's couldn't get along at an SCA event. For example, Wasteland 2's "Ass Trio” of skills, or the twitter thread about crafting a raft.
Big Thanks for music, once again big thanks to the Diablo String Orchestra, The Kobolds, our listener Chuck for the intro to the gadgets of the podcast jam, and mega-fan Joshua Bentley for voice-overs galore (@voiceofthebigjb).
Right-click and Save-As below, or us the RSS feed built into this page.
Mirror 1 (128kbps) (Oregon US) (74.5mb)
Mirror 2 (128kbps) (Atlanta US) (74.5mb)
Check us out on iTunes and give us some reviews and/or ratings and/or hurtful criticism!
What do you think?
Welcome all our new listeners to the family of ExemplaryDM! Give us reviews in the comments below, hit us up on Twitter @ExemplaryDM, or shoot us an email at exemplary d m at gmail dot com.