Meanwhile, welcome to all our new listeners, soon-to-be loyal!
So we start this podcast with some great listener email, then move on to a non-exhaustive list of house rules to try for yourselves, or suggest to your DM. We had so much content that we're going to make this a multi-part series, so stay tuned soon for Season 2 Episode 3 for more DND4e house rules.
A big thanks and a re-shoutout to @moon_unit_eric and Comma Error Radio at @CommaErrorFeed for a shoutout to @ExemplaryDM in their podcast Episode 109. Wait, 109, really guys? Haven't you ever heard of seasons? Geez. Clearly these guys know nothing about podcasting for a long period of time. #PlayfulifnotFlirtatiousSarcasm
We also want to introduce our listening audience to the NY-based band The Kobolds! We used their track Wizard Pipe off their first EP for bump music before and after the Gadgets of the Podcast. We plan to use more Kobolds music in future episodes. A big thanks to Nick of The Kobolds, so say hi to them on twitter @TheKobolds, tell em we sent you. You can find music and lyrics on their website at thekobolds.com.
A roundup of the first set of house rules we discussed:
- Initiative - d10 instead of d20
- Player Death - optional, no death saves
- Drama Points
- Describing your pain
- John's way of upshifting for effect
Gadgets of the Podcast:
- Encounter - The restricted path
- Tee shirt - "GMs don't kill characters. No, wait, that's wrong, we do."
- Character Concept - The monster hunter
- DM tip - Simplify combat for yourself
- Player tip - Don’t be a dick by... having a vocal trademark
- Mall evacuates after flash mob gathers to sing "Hallelujah Chorus"
- The ID DM's blog entry on Solving the Extended Rest Riddle.
- The awesome Sir Osric from The Gamers: Dorkness Rising
- Cockney Rhyming Slang, for that oh-so-irritating accent. A monkey's bum, I say!
- In addition to The Kobolds, we continue to use jams from the Diablo Swing Orchestra's versatile track, Balrog Boogie, off their album The Butcher's Ballroom, for intro and bump music.
- We increased the bitrate on the mp3 download of this podcast. Worth it?
Check us out on iTunes and give us some reviews and/or ratings and/or hurtful criticism!
What do you think?
Give us reviews in the comments below, hit us up on Twitter @ExemplaryDM, or shoot us an email at exem...@gmail.com (Humans: click to reveal the email address).