- Increase the importance of skill trainings and skill-related feats by preventing untrained players from aiding
- Don't run an autocracy with house rules, discuss them with your players
- DM secretly keeps track of hit points, an idea from Penny Arcade
- Granting extra or custom feats, especially with a story tie-in to push character development
- Attribute caps on player attributes to start a campaign to prevent one-dimensional players and min/maxing
- Encounter: Split the party up with teleport-y monsters
- Tee Shirt: "Attempting to Appease Your DM With Food & Drink Will Not Save You... but it is Recommended" http://www.cafepress.com/helpdesktees/7847131
- Character Concept: The retired lawman
- DM Tip of the Podcast: Don't squeeze it in
- Player Tip of the Podcast: Make a Paper Character
Check us out on iTunes and give us some reviews and/or ratings and/or hurtful criticism!
What do you think?
Welcome all our new listeners to the family of ExemplaryDM! Give us reviews in the comments below, hit us up on Twitter @ExemplaryDM, or shoot us an email at exemplary d m @ gmail dot com
UPDATE: We've featured parts of three different songs from The Kobolds in this episode, all off their first EP: Wizard Pipe, Goblin Parade, and Quest. And, ofcourse, our longtime favorite Balrog Boogie by The Diablo String Orchestra.